LMS Migration Administrator
Remote | Full Time
The LMS Migration Administrator (MA) provides technical support for Migration-as-a-Service (MaaS) provided to higher education and K-12 client institutions. MaaS uses the Scaffold Migration solution for automated course content migration from one Learning Management System (LMS) to another utilizing cloud services.
Successful MaaS delivery requires:
- Technical knowledge of multiple LMS platforms including grade book schemes, outcomes, adaptive release, and LTI integrations.
- Positive, supportive client interface, including initial testing for delivery of teaching-ready courses and client onboarding.
- Course content migration from one LMS to another, delivering ready-to-teach courses in keeping with the contractually specified transformation level and delivery timeline.
- Collaboration with application developers to conduct quality assurance and resolve issues in a fast-paced environment.
The Migration Administrator collaborates with the development team to communicate technical issues and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Support the MaaS process from onboarding through content migration to project completion
- Work with clients to gather course requirements, including established transformations as well as referrals for development team review of client requests
- Run the migration process, monitor progress, and resolve exceptions as well as collaborate with the development team on exceptions
- Deliver timely, accurate course content migration
- Communicate best practices to educate clients about the new platform and migration experience of other client colleges
- Learn and effectively communicate the features and functions of multiple LMS platforms
- Communicate client status to internal stakeholders promptly and accurately.
- Collaborate with the development team on migration processes to assure technical excellence and an exceptional client experience
- Educate clients on migration processes and procedures to facilitate timely, successful implementation
- Communicate client needs and requests to migration team leadership
- Use the company project management and communications solutions to document and manage project progress
- Cross train to configure all Scaffold solutions