Remote | Full Time
K16 Solutions is EdTech’s answer for content migration, content replacement, and data archiving–and is changing the landscape in online learning. Our mission is to revolutionize Ed-Tech by changing how higher-ed leaders access, move and analyze their content and data.
The Senior Accountant is an integral part of the Finance Team by spearheading day-to-day operations of the team including billing, collections, revenue recognition, vendor payments, tax compliance/filings, bank management, payroll, account reconciliations, internal and external financial reporting, and management of audits.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and experience working for a SaaS company.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial statements in accordance with company guidelines, with a target 5-day close.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements; notably income tax, sales tax, and property tax.
- Enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Work closely with Sales and Client Success on deal flow and revenue cycle management.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of both internal and external audits. Ensure that all equity transactions, including stock options, restricted stock units, and/or ESPP, are accurately processed and settled in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the global revenue and billing operations, a key component of the role is ensuring accurate reporting of revenue in the financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and the accurate and timely billing of invoices to our customers facilitating timely cash receipts.
- You must be able to roll up your sleeves and set an example for the team. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities to reduce manual effort.
- Assist in the design and implementation of internal controls.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Provide support for internal and external audits related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Support Vice President of Finance and Accounting in evaluating accounting treatment and ensuring processes support accounting conclusions.