Sr. QA Automation Lead – SaaS Solutions
Remote | Full Time
The Sr. QA Automation Lead – SaaS Solutions works as part of a team of technology professionals to deliver world-class web and connected device applications for K16 Solutions. The Sr. QA Automation Lead – SaaS Solutions is responsible for ensuring the quality of the company’s applications as well as streamlining, automating, and continuously improving the effectiveness of the QA process. The Sr. QA Automation Lead – SaaS Solutions is accountable for developing, implementing, and communicating the associated quality and efficiency metrics.
This position supports QA test development and automation of tests at the various required levels: 1) Unit, 2) Integrated, 3) Regression, and 4) Acceptance. The ultimate goal for this QA position is to automate the testing so it can be run regularly (nightly) to ensure all solutions are functioning properly, and if issue(s) is/are identified, partner with the developers to resolve issue(s) as soon as possible and re-run the automated testing to ensure the issue(s) is/are fixed properly. Coding is a requirement.
The Sr. QA Automation Lead – SaaS Solutions is a cross-functional bridge builder who constantly looks for ways to improve, streamline, and integrate QA practices to assure exceptional solution performance.
- Write, validate, and execute test cases with use case approach in an agile environment
- Identify areas of functionality that can or cannot be automated and define a detailed automation test strategy
- Plan and execute review sessions with stakeholders specifically to discuss the automation testing approach for a feature, collect ideas from all the team members, and formulate the test plan document
- Define the scope of testing, automation testing approach, execution timelines
- Plan internal training sessions to discuss the automation testing approach and share knowledge on automation tools that can be best utilized for the current project
- Discuss the estimation effort for automating each module of the software (includes test designing as well as execution effort)
- Apply critical thinking to properly test software and write automated tests to cover defects in the software
- Take ownership of issues found in production that made it through QA, track defects, and provide quality metrics
- Ensure that code conforms to designated quality standards and complete coding for any changes needed
- Monitor the text execution process, report issues to developers and stakeholders, and have a mitigation plan ready for implementation
- Report/communicate feature release information to the team and other stakeholders
- Understand and communicate to the product team the technical explanation of bug/fix/feature/enhancement